NuVasive is an innovative global medical device company that is changing spine surgery with minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally-integrated solutions for the spine.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Fabricator at our San Diego facility. You would be working in our very well-kept and climate controlled 5000 sq. ft. prototype machine shop located in Sorrento Valley. In our shop, you'd be welding, fit and finishing mostly one-off parts from basic designs to complex assemblies with some small production runs. Join our team if you're up to a challenging career with room for advancement in the medical device industry and want to be part of an exciting group that takes on new challenges every day so that people suffering from back pain can live a higher quality of life.
NuVasive offers competitive pay with an extensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, matched 401K, employee stock purchase program and more for the right candidate.
- Understand setup and programming concepts
- Proficient in the complex fabrication and welding of medical devices
- Proficiently operates manual and conversational mills and lathes
- Proficient in assembling, blending, de-burring and troubleshooting of complex assemblies and works with engineers on manufacturability
- Strives to advance the shop through new technology and processes
- Designs and builds fixtures to aid in the fabrication and rework of complex instruments
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers
- Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and should maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any maintenance issues
- Stay on task and ensure current day scheduled work is completed on time
- Work with team to build and sustain a safe working environment
- Follow all safety rules, report all accidents and unsafe conditions and wear all Personal Protective Equipment
- Drive quality compliance using line clearance requirements, good document practices, and workmanship standards
- Confers with engineering, quality control, programming, or shareowners to resolve machining problems
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with all levels of the organization
- Help train and develop entry-level machinists and fabricators
- Use de-burring tools
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience with fine GTAW welding fabrication
- Attendance and punctuality is required
- Welding: laser welding and micro GTAW welding
- Desire to learn and be cross-trained
- Preferred knowledge of gages, calipers, and micrometers.
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing a plus.