Sustaining Engineer, Servicing and Repair
US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: TN - Memphis
The Sustaining Engineer position is part of the Servicing and Repair Team that supports the servicing of medical instruments used during spine surgery. The position coordinates closely with the Operations Team, Development Team, Marketing Team, and Quality Assurance Team. This is an exciting role for a talented engineer with an excellent opportunity for acquiring hands-on experience in leading sustaining engineering activities of commercial products. Sustaining engineering activities may include continuous improvement for reliability, manufacturability, and scalability. Technical activities include projects leading to product and process improvements.
- Drive process improvements by working effectively with Distribution and Quality
- Contribute documentation for support of project Design History Files
- Interface effectively with suppliers and become more educated on manufacturing methods and capabilities
- Gain experience in aspects of product engineering processes (Distribution, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Testing).
- Draft and release new standard operating procedures for new and revised processes
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485. Test, troubleshoot, and repair medical instruments
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years of related experience
- Previous CAD experience preferably Pro/E, Creo or SolidWorks.
- Ability to understand and apply GD&T
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals
- Strong ability to write business reports and correspondence as well as the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization
- Proficiency and knowledge in applying concepts of algebra, geometry, trigonometry, calculus, geometric tolerances, and tolerance analysis in addition to the ability to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flowcharting, and graphs as well as competency in navigating the Internet
- Ability/willingness to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Occasional travel will be required
- Experience in the healthcare industry, preferably medical device experience, ideally in spine
- Previous manufacturing and/or quality experience in metal machining, injection molding, or equivalent
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.