Team Lead, Quality Control
US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: TN - Memphis
Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre- and post-sales services and support to clients/customers. A professional that supports the Nuvasive Quality System by ensuring that all products meet NuVasive’s exceptionally high-quality standards. The Lead will collaborate with others in the department to ensure department and organizational goals are met. All activities shall be performed in compliance with organizational and global regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for planning end results through the management of the team; defines roles and responsibilities, plans for the department’s future needs and operations, counsels Shareowners on performance and contributes to Shareowner pay decisions/changes
- Guided by long-term objectives, helps determine approaches to managing processes, resolving operational issues, and resource management; contributes to the standards around which others will operate.
- Provides guidance, constructive input and motivation, adapting communication techniques for a variety of audiences.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of a situation or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Acts as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and resolve technical problems.
- Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, customers, and functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company.
- Manages the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Bachelors Degree or HS diploma with 5 years of equivalent experience (e.g., QSR, ISO 13485, and the MDD)
- Must be proficient in ASME Y14.5M and blueprint reading
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485
- Medical device experience
- ASQ certification preferred
- American Society for Quality Certified Quality Inspector (CQI)
- Understanding of GD&T
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With more than $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has approximately 2,600 employees and operates in more than 50 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.